1st Green Church Conference
An ecumenical event to share a new calling in the Church: stewardship of creation.
Thanks to all 150 participants,
to the volunteers, to workshop presenters, to St-Charles Church, to St.Columba House...
of February 9, 2010 at Saint-Charles Church
a green church in Pointe-Saint-Charles (Montreal)
Our honoured guests were:
- Fr. Andre Beauchamp, keynote speaker, theologian and environmentalist
- Mgr. Jacques Berthelet, bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Saint-Jean-Longueuil
- Rev. Arlen Bonnar, Secretary of the Montreal Presbytery in the United Church of Canada
- R. Rev. Barry Clarke, bishop of the Anglican Diocese of Montreal
- Mgr. Andre Tiphane, episcopal vicar, sent by Cardinal Turcotte, archbishop of Catholic Diocese of Montreal
- A video from Mrs Mardi Tindal, moderator of the United Church of Canada
- A letter from Mrs Line Beauchamp, minister of Sustainable Development in Quebec
Introduction and Keynote address
Workshop « Environmental ACTION »
Workshop « Environmental AWARENESS »
Workshop « CHRISTIAN ECOLOGY »
Worship on the theme of Creation
A few comments
"My Sincere Thanks and Deepest Congratulations on yesterdays Conference. The Service to conclude tied together the various streams of thought and action described in the talks and workshops, and was itself a Superb Religious Experience, Spiritually moving with a real sense of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost being our Inspiration and Driving Force to Preserve and Nurture God’s World and Universe.
The Service saved us from thinking we can achieve anything on our own. St. Columba House also showed us those who are ill, poor in mind and spirit, outside the norms of Society being cared for by true dedicated humble Christians. My Congratulations and Prayers for the Green Church Project." - Tony